23 April 2013

During April Showers, You May Wear Flowers

During April Showers, You May Wear Flowers




My roommate my freshman year in college offered me some profound words of wisdom that I have never forgotten. (I don't think she realized she was being profound at the time.) 
"Whenever it rains, I wear bright colors because everyone wears dark colors; and it's so depressing to see so many dark colors on an already dark day. When people see me, I want to be the bright spot in their day." 
And if you look around the next time it rains, you'll notice that it's true. The question is: Will you be a another dark spot or will you be the brightness in another person's day?

Here are some quick pointers for a rainy day outfit:

1) Make sure that the clothes don't turn see through when they get wet. This isn't spring break.

2) Don't wear flowy skirts. I show a pencil skirt because The wind will not catch it and let you pretend you're Marilyn Monroe. I've seen that happen to many a woman on a rainy, windy day...it's never sexy, only embarrassing.

3)Invest in a decent umbrella. Yeah, it has a cute pattern but unless you prefer to see that pattern inside out find an umbrella with good supports. Make sure it has a lot of the little metal pieces at the top so that it doesn't leave you soaked every time the wind blows. I'm partial to the bubble umbrellas pictured above for a few reasons. One, they don't flip easily even if they don't have a lot of supports because of how they are designed. Two, they look cute. And three, you don't have to share your personal space with other people who forgot their umbrella. They are one person only umbrellas.

4) Rain boots aren't just for kids. Bring a big purse like the tote pictured above so that you can throw your real shoes in and don't have to worry about ruining a good pair of shoes

So have fun, be bold, stand out even when the weather makes you want to stay in.

No comments:

Post a Comment