30 November 2012

I'm dreaming of...a Divvyntage Christmas

I'm dreaming of...





     Can't you just see yourself sipping a nice cup of hot chocolate in this outfit? Its nice and simple and all the pieces are classics that will remain wardrobe staples for years to come. The only problem is that $28 socks are a bit out of your budget, not to mention a $305 leather jacket. No problem, there are much better ways to divvy out your money and still look great.  I went out shopping to find the pieces I didn't already have hiding in my closet. Which I admit, I already had the boots, the jacket, the earrings, and the jeans, but I'll go over how to get those items as well. And most of us already have one or two of these pieces in our closets since they're so versatile.




  • The sweater I bought new  from Marshall's for $17, a savings of $28.
  • The jacket I got from Macy's five years ago for $25, a savings of $280.
  • The jeans are Levi's that I bought from the Levi outlet earlier this year for $30, saving $70.
  • Instead of leg warmers, I bought socks from Target for $2.50, saving $25.50.
  • The earrings are my mom's that she let me wear. So best place to shop for these would be a vintage or thrift store; but if you have friends or family members that have older jewelry, not a bad idea to have a jewelry exchange with them. Savings came to $13.
  • The scarf I bought new from Kohl's, it came with a cute hat too, for $18, a savings of $4.
  • You'll notice I saved the boots for last. That's because I do recommend saving up for some things and putting a bit more of an investment into them. Good leather boots are one of them. If you go with cheap materials, they will break down faster and you won't get as much use out of them, and they won't look as nice as long. So on that note, I bought my BCBG boots at Dillard's two years ago for $120, still saving me $110.



    My total savings on this outfit come to $530.50. A little shopping around and knowing where to look can save you a bundle and give you great wardrobe staples for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment